Sunday 20 January 2008

Revolution

Managed to get the car started today after charging the battery all day yesterday. Started first time, brakes not seized on either. Moved it outside, that itself is a good thing. I was comfortable enough getting into the car and operating the pedals. It isn't taxed and I have no insurance so I ain't going anywhere in it. It does mean I can tidy the garage up a little bit which I did today. I also managed to climb aboard my bike and back pedalled a few revolutions. It felt fine, stretched my glutes a bit but that'll come. Raising my leg high enough to get over the saddle was the hardest part, not impossible and not painful. I could feel various muscles stretching and being compressed, that feeling is with me no matter how I move at the moment, I think and hope it will disappear as they get used to the movement again. This minor step forward gives me confidence and encouragement, once I get a turbo trainer and have spoken with a physiotherapist I'll be able to start proper pedalling.

No comments: