Thursday 31 January 2008

Phsyiotherapy

I attended my first physiotherapy session today. Went well. The young physiotherapist asked me some questions to build a picture of my case, she seemed surprised that I have no pain, she tested my leg motion, my bad side has as much movement as the other one and almost as much strength. I explained how my feet and knee hurt when I am walking and it was suggested that it may be due to over compensation due to the muscles in my hip not being strong enough. Not sure I believe this but they are the experts. I think it is due to lack of use for three months then suddenly walking. I was shown some exercises to strengthen the muscles. The physio. assessed my walking and suggested I should walk as much as possible without my crutch, I only use one when out doors. I have tendency to lean on the crutch which will upset the muscle balance in my back and core. I knew this, but the crutch is useful for uneven ground or when I am walking quickly to take some of the pressure off my feet. It'll come, once my feet stop hurting I'll be walking tall, I am sure of that. Best of all I was told that I can ride a bike again.

No comments: