Wednesday 9 June 2010

Redundancy, but it's not all bad

While I am here I might as well make another post,I'm feeling literary today. Back in March I was handed my notice from work, 9 weeks notice calculated as four weeks plus one week for every full year of service so that's 4 + 5 since I had been there for nearly six years. My payoff wasn't great, the statutory minimum, £380 for each full year plus some accrued and unused holidays. The third time I have been made redundant, at least this time I got some payoff, other times were due to insolvency. That sucks. I started job hnting of course, in the meantime I fell off my bike and hurt my pelvis again, March was a crap month for me. I signed on the dole on after the May bank holiday, the first one. I had some interviews, one rejection and a couple of leads that have jsut fizzled out. To cut to the chase, I have secured a new position, one that I am really excited about, a big company, an old company, a publishing company.

No comments: