Friday 18 April 2008

Walk Tall

Well, I am declaring that I can now walk properly again. Most of the time. If I am careful I think my limp is hard to detect, I still feel some stiffness in my hip and sometimes my foot. Not very often though. My six month x-rays and appointment revealed some ossification on my pelvis where the screws were inserted. Not a problem at the moment since they are not close to my joint. My next appointment with the surgeons is in one years time, they must be happy enough. I am happy enough, I can do most things now. I walked a bit too far this week and made my hip ache, some gym work and rest sorted it out. Cycling is OK, been riding to work a few times each week. My strength is coming back, I need to pile the miles in now and lose some weight. It is good to be riding to work, much preferred to standing around at bus stops.

No comments: